The Research Network Shares for the Neag School of Education have moved to a new server, please follow the Instructions to connect to research network shares below to connect to the new server. If you have questions or experience any problems mapping or connecting to the new file server please submit a Tech Support Request.
Instructions to connect to research network shares
If you are off campus please follow the instructions for accessing Neag network shares off campus first.
Windows computers should automatically map the Neag Network shares as the Q: drive which should appear as a disk drive when you open My Computer or when you open or save files in a program. The Neag Research Network Shares are available under the Neag Research folder on the Q: drive.
If the Q: drive does not show up, you can map it manually:
- Click the Start Menu, in enter Computer in the search box and click on either My Computer or This PC in the search results (If you don’t see a search box, you can search by simply typing after clicking the Start Menu).
- Click either “Map network drive” from the ribbon at the top of the window or click Tools -> Map network drive.
- Change the drive letter to Q:
\\grove.ad.uconn.edu\EFSas the Folder
- Click Finish
- If prompted to logon enter
UCONN\followed by your Net ID (e.g.
UCONN\caj00001) for the User Name and the Password for your Net ID / UConn Email.
- The Research Network Shares that you have access to should now be available under the Neag Research folder on the Q: drive.
- Open Finder or click on the desktop.
- In the menu at the top of the screen click Go -> Connect to Server
- If this is the first time connecting enter
smb://grove.ad.uconn.edu/EFSin the server address field and click the “+” button to the right.
- In the list of “Favorite Servers” double click on smb://grove.ad.uconn.edu/EFS
- If prompted for a username and password enter your Net ID and password
- The Research Network Shares should be available in the Neag Research folder